Diaz Radio Controlled Car Club

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 Rules & New Classes

+2
ototw
2quick
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2011 Rules & New Classes Empty 2011 Rules & New Classes

Post  2quick Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:24 am

Hi DRCCC
Will there be any rule changes for 2011 and any new classes eg. FWD ?
Is there a race calendar out for the 2011 race season ?
It would also be a good idea to post the rules and fees for the year.

Rgs
2quick
2quick
Jaywalker

Back to top Go down

2011 Rules & New Classes Empty rules and classes

Post  ototw Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:48 am

2quick wrote:Hi DRCCC
Will there be any rule changes for 2011 and any new classes eg. FWD ?
Is there a race calendar out for the 2011 race season ?
It would also be a good idea to post the rules and fees for the year.

Rgs
We will have a AGM early next year,where all this will be discussed.
As far as what I have it will the AGM be the 13th Jan 2011 @ Diazclub.

ototw
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

2011 Rules & New Classes Empty Re: 2011 Rules & New Classes

Post  the DJ Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:11 pm

Mmmmmm, 21.5t brushless for club stock???????
the DJ
the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  2quick Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:58 am

the DJ wrote:Mmmmmm, 21.5t brushless for club stock???????

Mmmmm, I second that...!
2quick
2quick
Jaywalker

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:16 am

So, are there no rule proposals from any of the other guys for the coming year? Going to be a boring meeting if you have nothing new to discuss!! Sad
the DJ
the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

2011 Rules & New Classes Empty Super Stock

Post  Bit of both Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:28 am

I want to suggest a Super Stock class within and competing with the current Super Stock class. In this class the ESC's are to be set to factory settings without any settings allowed. The only settings allowed will be the timing on the motor. This class will allow new comers in this class to compete on a equal basis.

We will also have to start thinking in terms of introducing the 21.5T brushless instead of the current Johnston motor. We have to move with what is being used world wide. Abroad the 21.5T is a very competitive class.It might be more expensive to buy at firs, but over the long run everyone It must also be stressed that all motors/ESC's will be run without a sensor wire. This will ensure that everyone compete on the same basis.

This is just my view and would like to hear what the other guys think - I mean we are a club.
Bit of both
Bit of both
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:23 am

I like the idea of 21.5 turn class to be honest, I say that because I hate Johnson motors. Like with all classes, we might want to start experimenting with this kind of technology and see how it compares with the brushed equivalent.
I wont be running 17.5t this season and Ashley wont be either so it's not that I don't care about the class because I do. I just don't think we have enough drivers to split the class at this stage and everyone has already spent the money on Tekin speedos. 17.5 without turbo etc might be too close to clubstock?

Changes I would like to see is some rubber to be bought in to some classes. I would nominate stock on rubber, that would school the guys who start at the bottom and work their way up to maybe 10.5. If you leave stock, you can then decide whether you like rubber or foam and follow which ever direction.

My humble opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post  ototw Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:08 am

I think I must sit one season out, I bought a pro-car a month before Sarda voted to scrap the clubstock,DRCCC still ran the class,but on Nats level,it was scrapped,,,now I just bought a super stock tekin set-up and the suggestion come that I can not use the full potential what I paid for,it seems to me I'm just buying a set-up 3 months to early everytime.

ototw
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  ototw Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:20 am

Bit of both wrote:I want to suggest a Super Stock class within and competing with the current Super Stock class. In this class the ESC's are to be set to factory settings without any settings allowed. The only settings allowed will be the timing on the motor. This class will allow new comers in this class to compete on a equal basis.

We will also have to start thinking in terms of introducing the 21.5T brushless instead of the current Johnston motor. We have to move with what is being used world wide. Abroad the 21.5T is a very competitive class.It might be more expensive to buy at firs, but over the long run everyone It must also be stressed that all motors/ESC's will be run without a sensor wire. This will ensure that everyone compete on the same basis.

This is just my view and would like to hear what the other guys think - I mean we are a club.
I'm a bit not so clued up,is a 21.5T for TT01's??

ototw
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

2011 Rules & New Classes Empty 2011 rules & changes

Post  ototw Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:34 am

Some good reading,see SARDA website,check at downloads,the 15th edition 2011 Rules.

ototw
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:43 am

ek werk daaraaan

Back to top Go down

Post  2quick Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:48 am

Jebsmovers wrote:Some good reading,see SARDA website,check at downloads,the 15th edition 2011 Rules.

Quite a few changes to think about...!
2quick
2quick
Jaywalker

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:48 pm

the DJ wrote:So, are there no rule proposals from any of the other guys for the coming year? Going to be a boring meeting if you have nothing new to discuss!! Sad

Jeeshlikeit!!!! I never expected such a huge response to my question above, I just wanted to light a small fire, but it looks like I started a bonfire!! cheers cheers

Some very interesting suggestions in those responses, I have always felt that sarda should've rather made clubstock bl instead of canning the class like they did with the rest of their classes, but I suppose we as clubs can be the pioneers and maybe they'll wake up some time??

As for allowing 2 spec'd 17,5's to run in one class, it will not work period, the speed differential is way too big. There will be way too much damage done to cars trying to stay out of the way of the faster cars than is practical, never mind the financial implications. I say this from experience at the coastal cup, and I was running turbo but not with a tekin. I broke my one front hub right off going into the pipes at speed running a wide line so that they could pass on the inside, stripped a servo, bent steering arms, etc etc.

But hey, this is just my 5c as I'm not a member there, you guys must decide whats best for your club, I just hope my insight can help you guys going forward.

@jebs - dont get despondent with your purchases, you'll get the hang of the 17,5, and I wouldn't slow down SS by restricting settings, use them turbos to their full potential.

I also think as ray suggested, do some testing with the 21,5 before forking out major cash for all running clubstock, TT should remain silvercan, its a budget entry level class designed to attract newbies.

Sorry, I think I've over stepped my 5c worth?? Very Happy
the DJ
the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

2011 Rules & New Classes Empty Club stock

Post  Diablo Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:02 pm

Hi All,

What about going from silver can motor to black can motor in the Club Stock Class?
Diablo
Diablo
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:28 pm

It wouldn't be called "stock" then.
the DJ
the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:53 am

@ jebs - did you make progress last nite with your documentation prep?
the DJ
the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  ototw Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:07 am

the DJ wrote:@ jebs - did you make progress last nite with your documentation prep?
Yes thanks,I'm not despondent, my timing stay out with class changes.

ototw
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

2011 Rules & New Classes Empty Fun Raceday

Post  2quick Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:25 am

I suggest a Fun Raceday this coming Sunday before DRCCC have the next AGM.
Now's the time to remember how much fun it all was and will still be... Laughing
It will be an attraction for new nembers and the ones wanting to get involved in rc racing.
It will also be good practice for new and old members before the season starts.
It will also spice up the urge for racing competitive again.
Drivers can also play with car setup's, maybe a few new suggestions will come out for the AGM regarding Classes and equipment.

Lets hear who all is in favour as it is merely a suggestion from my side. Very Happy
2quick
2quick
Jaywalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:46 am

you guys know I am always keen but will be in East London this weekend. Anyone keen for a crash course to work the pc? Its not difficult and there is time.

Back to top Go down

2011 Rules & New Classes Empty waiting

Post  ototw Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:34 am

2quick wrote:I suggest a Fun Raceday this coming Sunday before DRCCC have the next AGM.
Now's the time to remember how much fun it all was and will still be... Laughing
It will be an attraction for new nembers and the ones wanting to get involved in rc racing.
It will also be good practice for new and old members before the season starts.
It will also spice up the urge for racing competitive again.
Drivers can also play with car setup's, maybe a few new suggestions will come out for the AGM regarding Classes and equipment.

Lets hear who all is in favour as it is merely a suggestion from my side. Very Happy
My car is broken,I'M OUT,the new car was too quick 4 me

ototw
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:52 pm

Jebsmovers wrote:
the DJ wrote:@ jebs - did you make progress last nite with your documentation prep?
Yes thanks,I'm not despondent, my timing stay out with class changes.
The changes haven't been made yet bud, and besides, it has to be voted on wether the guys want to go that route or not. Wouldn't be wise though as I've explained.
the DJ
the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:43 am

Is there any agenda going to be posted? Would like to see developments.
the DJ
the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:05 am

Just out of interest what classes besides TTO1 are being run at the moment and what are the different requirements for each class?

Back to top Go down

Post  ototw Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:38 am

nofski wrote:Just out of interest what classes besides TTO1 are being run at the moment and what are the different requirements for each class?
This coming weekend you can browse this forum with all the news for DRCCC 2011 Season,till then be patient,we have our AGM tomorrow nite and had our commitee meeting last nite.
thanks
j

ototw
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:23 pm

ya and if the Tuesday meeting was anything to go by, it might get interesting tonight. Question

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next