Diaz Radio Controlled Car Club

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Notice Board

+3
the DJ
Bossman
ototw
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Notice Board - Page 3 Empty Re: Notice Board

Post  Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:44 am

yeah man i hear you, as i said if i had the equipment i would dig to race faster! so i think we're in agreement, there could be a lekker race for the tt guys in a mod class.

i know this forum doesnt have a full representation of both clubs, but maybe those on the committees could sound out everyone and see if there is a keen amount of guys in each class (tt01 "DRCCC", and tt01 "MOD") to have the two classes at the next coastal cup?

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:44 am

I've just thought of a way to combat this debate. Idea

At the last CC we added the 4wd minis which were awesome to watch, splitting or adding another TT class will spread the day even longer. And in an effort to combat an already lengthy day, here's my suggestion:

The difference in speed between running 25/55 or 25/58 and lipo or nicd is not going to be that big of a gap, so why not combine the two specs within one class, race them together in the same heats, this will seperate the faster cars from the slower ones for the final, group them as per normal for the final, but then award position finishes/medals as per the two specs.

In other words:(hypothetically)
On the final grid, Car 1 - 5 is trccc spec'd, car 6 - 10 is drccc spec'd. They race their race, a few cars get into accidents, places are swopped, some drccc cars are doing better than trccc cars or whatever, no matter what the finishing order is, but I'll use numbers to explain, the cars that are drccc spec'd will be awarded position finishes from 1 - 5, and likewise for trccc spec'd cars, so there will be no unfair advantages as to the finishing positions for the lessor spec'd cars. Ok???? Might sound greek to some but I'm trying to explain as best as possible to get the point across.

So, the cars finish as follows:(hypothetically again)

car 2
car 3
car 7
car 6
car 10
car 1
car 8
car 4
car 9
car 5

The correct finishing order for the two specs would then be as follows:
drccc spec:
1st - car 7
2nd - car 6
3rd - car 10
4th - car 8
5th - car 9

trccc spec:
1st - car 2
2nd - car 3
3rd - car 1
4th - car 4
5th - car 5

Simple!!! If you understood my greek??? scratch scratch Very Happy
the DJ
the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Bossman Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:34 pm

Good day all Warren just wanna ask can you set the time on the forum because by me the time shows 2hours behind thanks
Bossman
Bossman
Learner Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:43 pm

The time inaccuracy seems to be a recurring issue on these forums as it is currently set to the correct time but displays the incorrect info. I will have a look if I can maybe set it to 2 hours ahead which may solve our problem!

Back to top Go down

Post  Bossman Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:19 am

thanks bud
Bossman
Bossman
Learner Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down