Go down

RULES REGARDING MINI

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:07 am

What are they for this class.

Andrew has helped me alot, but i just want to make certain. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Re: RULES REGARDING MINI

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:44 pm

hi Raider. The main rule in this class is it has to be an M-Chassis made by Tamiya. Std gearing when you are running a sport tuned motor and any gearing when you are using a stock motor. You are allowed any lipo battery as long as it is in a hard case and 2 cell or any 6 cell nicad or nimh battery. Please ask if there is anything else you are not clear about.
Last year we allowed the Tamiya fwd as well but it became unfair to the Mini drivers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:08 am

Thanks ray

Back to top Go down

Post  AndrewH on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:58 am

Hi guys, great racing this weekend, just a pity my car melted. I will definitely be ready next time. Just a question I know as stated above what the mini rules are. Just want to clarify. Can you run another chassis besides the tamiya ones as I have seen a few different ones around? And is there a set of printed rules that I can get my hands on?
Thanks
AndrewH
Hitch hiker

Back to top Go down

Post  Tcab on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:22 am

@ Thanks Andrew for letting me use your parts for my mini. Like a Star @ heaven

Tcab
Learner Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  AndrewH on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:24 am

No problem tcab you definitely put them to better use that I did, Well done
AndrewH
Hitch hiker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:45 am

Hey guys. Bought a mini for my dad today, and he was also looking for a set of rules.
Thanks again for a great days racing, hopefuly next time i will be a bit neater with my driving.
Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  AndrewH on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:06 am

ja I polished the back of my swift just for you Very Happy
AndrewH
Hitch hiker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:19 am

YOH Shocked

If i recall, last weekend you overheated, due to the pace being to hot for you.
You have to finish, to get a result. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AndrewH on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:36 pm

Ok no come back haha, see you on the start line RAIDER swift is fixed and ready to go
AndrewH
Hitch hiker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:58 pm

AndrewH wrote:Hi guys, great racing this weekend, just a pity my car melted. I will definitely be ready next time. Just a question I know as stated above what the mini rules are. Just want to clarify. Can you run another chassis besides the tamiya ones as I have seen a few different ones around? And is there a set of printed rules that I can get my hands on?
Thanks

I think other chassis won't be allowed because it will tear the class apart and defeat the object of having a low cost fun class. We said M chassis of Tamiya and allowing other fancy chassis will not be fair play at this stage.
I however think that at a later we stage we can maybe start an open class where anything will go but to mess with the class now would be suicidal.
Post your comments.

Back to top Go down

Other chassis

Post  Bit of both on Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:29 am

Please take note that there were no rules regarding the brand of the chassis. There was for example a hpi on the track last year. The only rules were regarding motors/gearing and the size of the bodies (had to be "mini " bodies). The only other chassis on the track was an upgraded M05 - the only parts not being Tamiya parts were the chassis and bulkheads - all other parts came from a M05. Go to other forums and you will see they are allowed except where clubs run the Tamiya cup.

Just stick to the rules and do not always change the rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It just shows bad sportsmanship.
Bit of both
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ on Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:28 am

@ bit of both - My understanding is there has always been a set of rules for mini, but being it's first year at diaz they guys would allow certain things to slip by as it wasn't a championship class. I pressume this year it is a championship class, and below are the rules that have been previously posted on the other website for mini. These are the same rules that were in effect at the coastal cup.

Mini:
M03/5 chassis only
SILVER CAN WITH HIGH SPEED GEARS
BLACK CAN WITH STANDARD GEARS
Any esc
Any bats
Any tyres
Any mini body
1250g without transponder

Hope this sorts out your guys dilemna.
the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Mini rules

Post  Bit of both on Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:08 am

You obviously did not attend the AGM as it was stated there that the rules would be kept the same for this year as last year. no mention have ever been made about chassis. I still manatain that this is not a different car as more than 90% of the parts used are Tamiya M05 specific. If I was the only one thinking , why was I asked by other members to get them this upgrade? This proves that only the small inner group now knows about the so "Tamiya chassis" rule.

If you go on the internet sites where this upgrade has been tested, you would notice that the pro's that tested this upgrade came to the conclusion that this upgrade is not faster than the mini M05 pro. In fact they are of the opinion that the M03 is still the best of all! It is however all in how the chassis is set up.

People should also not use the lame excuse of keeping the class affordable. This upgrade is relative cheap (R600) as almost all parts except the chassis of the M05 are used on the upgraded car. The club has the TT01 class as entry class. Why have all these rules (chassis specific) as it is not even applied at national level. The new FWD class at national level has also been opened to more than one class since more than one person are selling different chassis. The old Open stock, Super stock etc. classes has never limited the type of chassis that must be used.
Bit of both
Newb

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:28 am

Bit of both wrote:Please take note that there were no rules regarding the brand of the chassis. There was for example a hpi on the track last year. The only rules were regarding motors/gearing and the size of the bodies (had to be "mini " bodies). The only other chassis on the track was an upgraded M05 - the only parts not being Tamiya parts were the chassis and bulkheads - all other parts came from a M05. Go to other forums and you will see they are allowed except where clubs run the Tamiya cup.

Just stick to the rules and do not always change the rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It just shows bad sportsmanship.

we decided back then that it will be any Tamiya M chassis, the car you ran had everything but a M05 chassis. Its like running a Schumacher in TT01 class with a tamiya body. Your car is more Yokomo than anything else.
Bad sportsmanship?? lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

for your information

Post  Guest on Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:02 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:02 am

Where does all this pent up anger come from all of a sudden???? scratch
A set of rules were asked for, they were posted, and now you bitching about chassis brands???? scratch

I haven't been at diaz since before mini was started as a class and even I know that it was always only meant to be M chassis in the mini class. The rules were there from the beginning, on the old diaz forum to be exact, so to say there was never mention of a chassis to be used is bull to say the least. You also say that at the agm it was decided to keep the rules the same, well M chassis it is then. No further discussion about it should be entertained, conform or don't race it, simple.

Good luck committee on this one!!! cyclops
the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:07 am

To touch on the xevo chassis, why don't you guys start a 4wd mini class? It would be awesome on that huge track of yours!! Our guys had fun at the CC last year with their 4wd's, even Thinus had a blast and it was his first time out with a 4wd mini.
the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:13 am

the DJ wrote:To touch on the xevo chassis, why don't you guys start a 4wd mini class? It would be awesome on that huge track of yours!! Our guys had fun at the CC last year with their 4wd's, even Thinus had a blast and it was his first time out with a 4wd mini.

Or maybe an open front wheel/mod mini class? I would love to race a Saber to practice for the nationals. Maybe say any fwd or 4wd Minis for instance.

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ on Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:37 am

Fwd would also be cool, that one that Antonio had there looked uber cool and also drove damn nicely!!! Cool Cool
the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down