Diaz Radio Controlled Car Club

Racing on rubber tyres

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Racing on rubber tyres

Post  Bossman on Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:11 pm

Thanks for input i will put all points on tonite i appoligize for not putting the points on but a lot of things happend over the last while that is why i have not been on but am starting to get back in racing and will be availble actively not like the rest of the fielders

Bossman
Learner Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:28 am

Bossman wrote:Thanks for input i will put all points on tonite i appoligize for not putting the points on but a lot of things happend over the last while that is why i have not been on but am starting to get back in racing and will be availble actively not like the rest of the fielders

It wasn't a hint, I know it's a mission to put the points on if you don't have the results of a flashdrive or something. I never have mine when I need it Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Racing rubber tyres

Post  ototw on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:15 am

I went today to Speed Hobbies Tygervalley,its the guys from Parow Club,what a nice bunch of people

ototw
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:06 pm

ototw wrote:I went today to Speed Hobbies Tygervalley,its the guys from Parow Club,what a nice bunch of people
They are a pleasant crowd indeed, speed models I think they are called. Huge amount of stock.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bossman on Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:15 pm

I am busy making a spred sheet to post the points can not put our exel points calculator on wil try and finish today and place it tonite

Bossman
Learner Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:30 am

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Oh my hat, this tyre rule change seemed to spark a bit of enthusiasm among the ranks hey??? Don't get all your knickers in a knot, it's actually not that bad, I'll elaborate a bit later, as 2quick put it, I'm on the inside!! Twisted Evil

the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:32 am

ototw wrote:This rule going to slow faster cars down, as tyre size will be standard, no cutting of foams, so as I see it, they want the cars to be more equal in speed, in some classes a controlled brushless motor are going to be used, whats SARDA's point ?

So the 17,5T and 13T classes will become gloryfied TT01 cars,all the same,wonder if they not taking the fun out of racing now.

How the hell can you take the fun out of racing??? Foam tyres, rubber tyres, drift tyres, knobblies, it's all fun!!!!!! Rolling Eyes

the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:33 am

Ray wrote:They are trying to change things to fall in with the other changes (or mistakes) they made. On the other side, you will be surprised how quick a car can be on rubber tyres. Google the Thailand world champs a mains on youtube. Its brilliant. I am not agreeing, just putting it out there.

Not mistakes, catching up to IFMAR and ROAR. Very Happy

the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:35 am

ototw wrote:Yes,but why did we cut foams then to get a faster car,I just think here is more to the SARDA idea of change than what we know,but its for them to decide,I will think the way I do,

There's a very scientific explanation for that, but it's top secret!! Cool

the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:46 am

Ray wrote:That is once again why hobbyshop owners and importers should not be on the Sarda committee. You know how I feel about this.
The hobbyshop owners don't have a say as to which tyres are to be used as in fwd.
Tcab wrote:Is there a limitation on tyres? How will it be controlled? Will tyres be supplied like in fwd?
2quick did mention it, 3 sets for mod and 2 sets for all other touring car classes for whole weekend. They will mark tyres somehow, same as marking chassis at nats. Tyre choice is up to the individual.
Ray wrote:Good question Bosman and good answer 2quick. I am just worried that they use a controlled tyre at nationals like they do with the fwd. It will be a bit of a raw deal because we do club events on a tyre and then have to do setup all over for nationals. I am sure they thought it through and lets hope it's an open minded decision.
It would be better if the clubs followed the sarda rulings as a guideline, especially if there are members that attend nats on a regular basis, or you could run tyres as open, which if I'm not mistaken is how the rules stand at the moment at diaz, tyre choice is rubber or foams?? So if you want to run rubbers to be prepared for nats then it's your choice. And as you say, they are competitive against foams, just takes more chassis prep.

the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:47 am

2quick wrote:
Ray wrote:Good question Bosman and good answer 2quick. I am just worried that they use a controlled tyre at nationals like they do with the fwd. It will be a bit of a raw deal because we do club events on a tyre and then have to do setup all over for nationals. I am sure they thought it through and lets hope it's an open minded decision.

We can always ask the SARDA exec that always rag on this forum, but obviously now he is chatting in the upper class forums...... lol! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
king king

the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:51 am

ototw wrote:
2quick wrote:

We can always ask the SARDA exec that always rag on this forum, but obviously now he is chatting in the upper class forums...... lol! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

@ 2 Quick, its time to stand up,its time to make club decissions,as it is,request came that we should host a national----why ??,,,we have a perfect racetrack,one of the best in the country,why should these rules affect us.
Most if not all clubs worldwide follow the rules of the organising body in their region as a guideline to make life a bit easier at club level so that clubs don't fall too far behind the times. Look where brushless and lipo are going, without the governing body making rules and recommendations clubs would be at sixes and sevens!!

the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:54 am

2quick wrote:
ototw wrote:
2quick wrote:

@ 2 Quick, its time to stand up,its time to make club decissions,as it is,request came that we should host a national----why ??,,,we have a perfect racetrack,one of the best in the country,why should these rules affect us.

I agree to some extend and disagree to some extend. If one wants to stand up, then do it when and where it counts. I enjoy racing foams, but we have to move up with the times seeing that we are always behind other countries. Any rule suggestion can be made at club level I reckon, but what is it going to benefit one that wants to attend a national event. No experience with rubber tyres and car setup, totally different from foam tyres. Hosting a national is not a problem if one has the man power to do all the work. It takes a bit of strategic planning and effort and it will be very difficult to host a national event and still compete as a club member. There is hardly enough volunteers to run the AMB system on a race day. On a positive note, it can be done, the rule changes and hosting a national event, if we apply our minds and stand and work together and live in harmony. I speak from my personal capacity.

the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:55 am

Bossman wrote:
ototw wrote:@ 2 quick ---you placed a very positive note and thanks for u're input.

I've said how I feel..let others comment too.............!

And what will be,,,,will be,,,?
I agree with you all problem is our marshling is pathetic at the moment everybody wants to race but not be involved i say untill such time that our club works as a unity we cant even think of a national we implement rules and the members disobey them so wht do we do pls give suggestions?????????????????
Better committee governance is maybe what's needed??

the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:58 am

Ray wrote:
Bossman wrote:Thanks for input i will put all points on tonite i appoligize for not putting the points on but a lot of things happend over the last while that is why i have not been on but am starting to get back in racing and will be availble actively not like the rest of the fielders

It wasn't a hint, I know it's a mission to put the points on if you don't have the results of a flashdrive or something. I never have mine when I need it Embarassed
So what's new?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Hey ballas!! Cool

the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ on Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:00 am

Ray wrote:
ototw wrote:I went today to Speed Hobbies Tygervalley,its the guys from Parow Club,what a nice bunch of people
They are a pleasant crowd indeed, speed models I think they are called. Huge amount of stock.
I don't want to know how much these okes in CT have invested in stock??? Mind blowing!!

the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

RE:Racing on rubber tyres

Post  ototw on Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:54 am

JEEESCH,DJ,you woke up,welcome back,now where's snotspoed

ototw
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:12 am

So why aren't you saying anything then??? I'm not typing to waste my breath, it's more like wasting my airtime!!

the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:08 pm

Lets stick to the rules that we have been doing and change the Sarda classes to rubber. I wish that those who have time to sit on facebook all day can find the time to come onto the forum sometime too. The handfull that commented here does not give us any real idea. I am racing on rubber even if the club should decide not to change.
Lets pm all these buggers that hasn't commented here yet. Come agm they will vote but wont know what it is about.

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:05 pm

Maybe the forum needs to be advertised/promoted a bit more as an active club discussion area, and not the shop floor. Laughing Laughing Jokes, it's cool standing in the shop talking *insert choice word* about rc for hours!! Cool Maybe make a poster in the shop, advertise the flying section, offroad section, etc available on the forum. Where's Brad? What's happening to the drifting scene?? Or is he paintballbefok??

Someone needs to step up to the plate and keep the forum updated on a regular basis wrt to results, lap records, rule changes, up coming events, ideas, etc etc. Without that, there is no interest to discuss anything.
Being proactive is much easier than being reactive!!

the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tcab on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:11 pm

You must remember that only the guys that read stuff are on the forum. There is no sense in putting up a poster if the guys aren't gonna read it in any case.

Tcab
Learner Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:30 pm

Can't they read in PE??? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Stop saying what is NOT going to happen, and be part of the transformation of what's GOING to happen. Too much pessimism and not enough optimism!! So who's stepping up to the plate??? You offering bud?? I know you can type!! Cool Cool

the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:31 pm

I agree with you DJ. People discuss the tyres, just not here and a million other things but since nobody visits the forum except the obvious few, it is useless debating something we all agree on. At every race meeting I tell people to go to the forum, that is where everything is discussed. People complain that nothing constructive gets said and asked to be removed, can we blame them for feeling that way? I will talk "insert choice word" (thanks Ototw) the whole day if I have the chance to do so but we have to cater for those who need information.
Some only log in to brouse the for sale section and the weekend results thread. That is their right and I want them to carry on doing so. Just maybe while you logged in, say something!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if it is; "what happened to the results?'
Let me explain what happened to the results. We are now using a pc that is in the container and the results don't come home anymore so impossible to post unless I remember to take my flashdrive along....like that's going to happen..We take a printed version home to do the points.
Anyway, we try to make racing as affordable to all as possible because we assume everyone is on a budget. Therefor the different classes. If the 17.5 and 13.5 will be to expensive or if TT01 is to cheap, voice your opinion. The alternative would be to race a class you can afford. I am not speaking on behalf of the committee at all so don't see it that way. It is my opinion and a logical one at that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Snotspoed on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:51 pm

I agree with Ray and to my horror DJ as well. People need to feel like they are welcome here, but also be free to have their say. Never mind what is being posted, if the older guys ( Mr T ) share those years of experience somebody will be silently taking note. So keep the info coming. Maybe we can start off with Mr Tcab posting his mini setup ???

Snotspoed
Learner Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:56 pm

Snotspoed wrote:I agree with Ray and to my horror DJ as well. People need to feel like they are welcome here, but also be free to have their say. Never mind what is being posted, if the older guys ( Mr T ) share those years of experience somebody will be silently taking note. So keep the info coming. Maybe we can start off with Mr Tcab posting his mini setup ???

I like they way you think Snotspoed. Glad to see you back in action. Did you and the DJ kiss and make up? Very Happy Very Happy
Lets start with rubber setup:
First thing I guess is a spool? yak ga poe!!
maybe softer springs depending on your current chassis
please add here???????????????????????

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:08 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top