Diaz Radio Controlled Car Club

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

21.5T brushless system?

+4
the DJ
ototw
Columbo3
AndrewH
8 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

21.5T brushless system? - Page 5 Empty Re: 21.5T brushless system?

Post  the DJ Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:06 am

Oh yes!!!! A positive response!!!! cheers cheers

I have always been open wrt where our club is moving, but trccc as a whole doesn't follow any strict governing body's criteria. We race what brings the numbers, finish and klaar!! If we wish to attend a nat or a CC, we go out and buy what is needed to conform, simple.
With the suggestions I made earlier, you can see we are trying to move with the times re brushless, but not nessasarily in tandom with what is raced at other national comps, but this does not mean we're isolating ourselves. We're using a recipe that works for trccc as a whole, and no descissions are made without the approval of the members. We race what the members want to race, which makes it fun and keeps the numbers up. Our club has grown so quickly the last 3 or 4 months it's mind blowing, and we have got no idea how this came about, bar the fact that it's fun to come race every tuesday nite. I wish ototw and tcac Very Happy (I'm going to get klapped) had joined us for a race nite while they were here to actually experience what I'm talking about and report back to the PE guys so that can inject some of what they experienced into drccc. And I'm by no means trying to say that we're perfect, but the enthusiasm could've trickled out a bit. Ask Mark, he experienced it and will be back tomorrow nite to experience it again.

So in summary, our rules, classes, etc is all out there for everyone to see and we don't try to hide anything and we're always abreast of whats going on around us, so try keep up if you can!!!!! Cool
the DJ
the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Snotspoed Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:15 am

This Tcac you mention, is he a new member. I know there used to be a Tcab, but he hardly ever used to comment .............
Snotspoed
Snotspoed
Learner Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:16 am

Tcac is my bestest bud in the whole wide world!!!!!
the DJ
the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Snotspoed Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:24 am

All sounds a bit "village people" to me, do you guys do the YMCA together ???
Snotspoed
Snotspoed
Learner Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:25 am

Here we go again????? Rolling Eyes
the DJ
the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:40 am

I did some reading and it seems the 21.5 turn is way quicker than the 540j. This will have the following effect if that along with the preposed rule changes come into play. You will have 21.5 turn cars (on foams) outrunning the 17.5 turn on rubber tyres. Thats not ideal. There will always be at least 3 other brushless classes you can race at Drccc so why scratch where there is no itch.

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:17 am

The 21.5's will not outrun the 17.5's, thats impossible as it has a lower kv rating? But running a long term 21.5 vs silvercan test will yield accurate results as to wether the 21.5t must be limited to a max rollout as is done in fwd, or that the 21.5 must used with a sportmans esc, or that maybe it's time to start a new class in preparation for 2013 for a new sarda class.

You can't just say why scratch where there's no itch, the itch is coming and you going to be stuck with mittens on.

Why is everyone at diaz so anti progression? Firstly being a host, then a conscientious tyre debate, and now again with 21.5's???
the DJ
the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

21.5T brushless system? - Page 5 Empty clubstock

Post  ototw Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:21 am

edit

Last edited by agitatore on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

ototw
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:30 am

How's that branna smaaking???
the DJ
the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

21.5T brushless system? - Page 5 Empty CLUBSTOCK

Post  ototw Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:33 am

edit

Last edited by agitatore on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total

ototw
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:36 am

Laughing Laughing You only start talking cr@p with a branna, so I can pressume then that your coffee is served with a gap?? Very Happy Very Happy
the DJ
the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

21.5T brushless system? - Page 5 Empty clubstock

Post  ototw Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:42 am

edit

Last edited by agitatore on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total

ototw
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:48 am

lol! lol! lol!
the DJ
the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:37 pm

[quote="ototw"]
the DJ wrote:The 21.5's will not outrun the 17.5's, thats impossible as it has a lower kv rating? But running a long term 21.5 vs silvercan test will yield accurate results as to wether the 21.5t must be limited to a max rollout as is done in fwd, or that the 21.5 must used with a sportmans esc, or that maybe it's time to start a new class in preparation for 2013 for a new sarda class.

You can't just say why scratch where there's no itch, the itch is coming and you going to be stuck with mittens on.

Why is everyone at diaz so anti progression? Firstly being a host, then a conscientious tyre debate, and now again with 21.5's???

what?,you see,,,,,you take it wrong,its discussion material,no discussion can happen if every-one agree,seems to me,you old and little bit blind,type in colours advance your reading capability[/quote
] currently the 13.5 at Sarda level is quicker than 10.5 and almost to the thousands of a second slower than mods where they run with no moter limit. That throws the kv theory out a little I would say. Maybe the progress we make at Drccc is slow because we think before we just randomly change stuff to suit our personal needs.

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:08 pm

I hear what you saying, but bear in mind that all three classes at sarda are boosted classes therefore narrowing the gap. You yourself have said that your 17.5 is sometimes faster than your 13.5 when diaz and you are hooked up. Very Happy Very Happy This just means the slower car is better controlled around the track.

What I'm trying to get at is, 21.5 will come, it almost made it for next year into the nats arena, so it'll probably make the cut for the next year(2013), but clubs need to push and promote the class to get the numbers up thus creating potential nats entries, which in turn will put preassure back onto sarda to get their ballot sheet right, as this year it was a poor example of a fair voting system. In saying this, clubs need to start testing the waters as to where the 21.5 is going to slot into the current format at club level, be it boosted or regulated, sarda will sit up and take note of what's going on out there, and use the information gained from club level to implement at nat level.

I also understand the other angle you're coming from in that silver cans will still be around for a very long time to come, but there must be some common ground between the two types of motors as they're spec'd to be of similar performance. In saying that, I think in conjunction with a stock/sportsmans esc, boosted will kill the silvercan on rollout alone.

I dunno, I put it out there to get a response, but simple "no" answers aren't what is needed to grow the hobby, progression needs to come from somewhere in my view.
the DJ
the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:41 pm

It's not a simple no answer but at our club according to me (and maybe not the voting members) it won't be practical for the stated reasons. We cant do a Jeremy Clarkson and say we prefer not to take part in the recession and go ahead with our lives. I however have DRCCC's best interest on my mind when I say what I say. I would like other clubs to try out 21.5 and let us know how it went. I heard the 540j has no chance against a "geared" and not "timed" 21.5. Do we want to loose those who don't want to fork out the extra money for a 21.5 system. Do we want to play policeman on Sundays to regulate gearing with the wide array of chassis available currently, I don't! Even if we found someone that will do it, I can think of a few ways to get past that and scrutineers have no realistic chance of detecting it.
I am not one wanting to stand in the way of progress but why are you pushing us in a direction we clearly don't want to take? Not much goes on in rc I am not aware of but the climate is not always right for the changes.

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:05 am

Seeing as though you prefer to remain anon, I'll pressume you don't know me too well or at all. I too have drccc's best interest foremost in my mind when I adress anything on this forum. I was part of drccc's coming to being, and hold drccc and it's goings on very close to my heart, and would be the first person to frown upon anyone trying to "chase" members away. But by gauging what gets said here(and the absence thereof too), and the lack of enthusiasm shown by some of the members is indicative of somethings not right. I for one would hate to see drccc lose members for whatever reason, hence my threads to try get some sort of reaction to get the members involved in what is "their" club. Without their involvement or input, there is a chance of things stagnating and becoming boring, which will result in members finding other things to do. So don't misunderstand that I'm trying to "push" drccc in a direction in which it doesn't want to go, and to say "we" is not a fair representation of members in the first place. I'm trying to bolster enthusiasm to get more people involved in where their club is going, but again, there isn't a fair representation of the clubs' members on this forum and sadly their views will not be heard, and to say they can vote at the agm for "progression" or what "they want to happen" will be naive, as they will not be well informed enough to make those descissions.

So to come back to the 21.5t issue. I too sit in the same boat of not having the luxury of not partaking in the recession, and would probably have to race my silvercan against the bl alternative. But I would be very active in it's testing to make sure that it doesn't have the edge over my cheap unchosen option, and if it did, would vote against it or vote it into a seperate class. I have also heard that a geared 21.5 will outrun a silvercan, and as I have previously stated on this forum, maybe the correct motor is not the 21.5 but in fact the 17.5 as it can't be geared as long, this was pointed out by Shiraz who is very prominent in rc in SA. This however, we will not know until we(you and I) test it, and a test at trccc is going to differ vastly in it's findings from a test done at drccc due to the nature of the two tracks. But as a collective, there can be some sort of consensus drawn as to which options work and which don't. We at trccc will continue in our endeavour and test the 21.5 irrespective of what goes on around the country, and we will definately give feedback to yourselves and to rest of the rc community. It just blows me away that some people who are active in the hobby are not interested in being active in the hobby. As for policing the specs, there has been and always will be means and ways to cheat, but who are they cheating in the end? And if there are unhappy competitors who think there's cheating going on, there is a protest system.

So in my opinion, there is a place for progression, and if you're interested enough in your hobby, you'll partake in that progression to the benefit of all. If my comments have offended anyone, they weren't intended to, I just say it how I see it.

Peace out and can we move on already!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
the DJ
the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Snotspoed Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:37 am

Look here DJ, your face offends people, so you can imagine what your comments do .................
Snotspoed
Snotspoed
Learner Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:40 am

Don't look at it then!! alien
the DJ
the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:16 am

Something has just dawned on me???? Was this post below by Ray perhaps? Cause I see other posts posted by Ray are now guest too??? Embarassed
If it was, definately no offense intended by my response, thought it was some other nameless member giving their 5c.

Come back bud, where are you????

Guest wrote:It's not a simple no answer but at our club according to me (and maybe not the voting members) it won't be practical for the stated reasons. We cant do a Jeremy Clarkson and say we prefer not to take part in the recession and go ahead with our lives. I however have DRCCC's best interest on my mind when I say what I say. I would like other clubs to try out 21.5 and let us know how it went. I heard the 540j has no chance against a "geared" and not "timed" 21.5. Do we want to loose those who don't want to fork out the extra money for a 21.5 system. Do we want to play policeman on Sundays to regulate gearing with the wide array of chassis available currently, I don't! Even if we found someone that will do it, I can think of a few ways to get past that and scrutineers have no realistic chance of detecting it.
I am not one wanting to stand in the way of progress but why are you pushing us in a direction we clearly don't want to take? Not much goes on in rc I am not aware of but the climate is not always right for the changes.
the DJ
the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  2quick Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:07 am

I will rather suggest 17.5 NON BOOSTED with rubber tires (uniformity in Touring car tires) instead of 21.5 foam tires in Club Stock. You still have your 17.5 BOOSTED CLASS thus making the gap easier for those moving up from Club Stock to SUPER STOCK. Also making it less costly to move up to 17.5 BOOSTED (Super Stock) as the same electronics can be used.
2quick
2quick
Jaywalker

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:45 am

True, this theory has been expressed further back in this thread. But more on the point that the 21.5 can be geared a bit long thus maybe it will outrun the silvercan, hence the theory is that the 17.5 would be better suited pitted against the silvercan as it's rollout is more on par with the silvercan. But, and I'm hessitant to say this again, but these theories need to be tested, without testing we will not know. And as also previously said, testing done at diaz is going to produce vastly different results to testing done at tokai, but without this testing there will be no diffinative consensus as to the correct way forward for the class.

So, where do we go from here???
We'll be testing at tokai irrespective, and we'll make our findings known for the benefit of all. I just hope that the members at diaz see a way forward for the integration of some testing at diaz.
the DJ
the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Tcab Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:15 pm

I don't do stock anymore, but I'm tempted to try it again next year. As soon as I'm running the new system, I will let you know. How's that?

Tcab
Learner Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  the DJ Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:21 pm

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
the DJ
the DJ
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5