Diaz Radio Controlled Car Club

Attracting spectators

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Attracting spectators

Post  Guest on Fri May 06, 2011 11:05 pm

Hey guys, just a thought.

I know i dont compete in this class so it is easy for me to comment, but what if clubstock cars ran with touring car bodies, (if they fit). The spectators can relate to them, and they look awesome, they have rear wings for aerodynamics and down force, so thats not a problem, the cars are fairly fast. Leave superstock and 13.5 as is, those cars are so fast that just look good. Mini and tt01 are what they are, so thats fine.

I just think, if spectators can relate to various cars, and we advertise race days, the club will grow.

Give some comments

Back to top Go down

Re: Attracting spectators

Post  Bossman on Fri May 06, 2011 11:39 pm

Hi Raider as it is we can use any 4 door body for instance i have a audi touring body i could use it is as far as i am concerned just the preference of the drivers of wich body they like and works for them.On a beter note advertising our racedays is a good idea if u got ideas dont hessitate to bring it forward and lay it out there and we can see where it takes us. Thanks for the intrest.

Bossman
Learner Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun May 08, 2011 10:41 pm

I think it is a great idea but, and there is always a but, why dont we put it to the test in the front wheel drive or open class. Its new and there is nothong to loose if it doesn't work out.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun May 08, 2011 11:11 pm

what about a DRCCC "Open Day". we can advertise in the papers and with banners on the day, then organize some spare/old cars that the public can come and have a go around the track with? as long as the cars run straight then they should have a jol! can be buggys or touring cars or whatever. i'm sure the some of the longer-standing members should have a tt01 or two lying around at home that they are not using? obviously any damages your car might incur during the day would be at your own expense!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon May 09, 2011 11:26 am

What about a sign at marshal point 1 facing the traffic circle stating when the next raceday is. We can change the date at the end of each raceday and make it part of our routine pack-up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon May 09, 2011 11:52 am

you know Raider, someone suggested it at a meeting before and we all thought it was a brilliant idea but it was never done. Do u know someone that can make it perhaps? I know the committee will be keen.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon May 09, 2011 12:20 pm

If somebody can make the sign, i will do the signage on it. I own a cutter, so thats not a problem.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon May 09, 2011 12:25 pm

so we need a pole and a sign. Is there someone on the forum that can organise it? If not we will have to get it done.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tcab on Tue May 10, 2011 1:38 pm

What size Question

Tcab
Learner Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu May 26, 2011 11:05 am

Any news regarding the sign yet?

Back to top Go down

Post  infid3l on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:56 am

Hi Guys i can organize 2 gum poles for the sign just let me know what height they should be

infid3l
Newb

Back to top Go down

re: ATTRACTING SPECTATORS

Post  ototw on Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:09 pm

Question

Last edited by ototw on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : y)

ototw
taxi driver

Back to top Go down

Post  AndrewH on Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:36 pm

Comments like This definitely leave a sour taste in my mouth, the negative comments must do wonders for a guy who has only posted one post on the forum. Negative comments like these don't create any enthusiasm about giving any contributions. I think the committee do a great job, awesome facilities, great trophies, there is a lot of work that has been done., which ultimately results in great racing. Comments like the above will do nothing to attract spectators.

Not moaning!!! Just a concerned member.

@infid3l maybe send RAIDER or TCAB a msg I am sure they will give you the info you need.

AndrewH
Hitch hiker

Back to top Go down

Post  Tcab on Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:09 pm

I can 't agree more, Andrew! Some people stirring again....

Tcab
Learner Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  AndrewH on Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:36 am

Please note that the comment prior to mine yesterday has been removed. ??

AndrewH
Hitch hiker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:57 am

hey guys, hope you are all in for practice on Sunday. Lets play and relax... jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:54 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum